When it Comes Down to Selling Your Home, The Small Things Really Do Count
Here’s a cool list of hot ideas which make your home more appealing, and bring
you more money.
Take advantage of Initial impressions
- Check all light bulbs to be sure they work properly. Install new bulbs where needed.
- Clear all debris from steps and walkways, including pet droppings.
- Sweep the gutters in the front of your home.
- Wash every one of the windows to make them sparkle.
- Make sure your house siding is clean.
- Think about a new exterior paint job. At least repaint the front door, shutters and trim.
Increase your curb appeal
- Trim trees.
- Mow and water the lawn.
- Rake the leaves.
- Plant colorful flowers.
- Park the car on the street or in the garage to leave plenty parking for your prospective buyers.
- Put away toys, bicycles, gardening equipment along with other things typically left in the yard or outside.
The Staging Process
- Remove all of the clutter, including gadgets, small appliances, toys and memorabilia
- Hide or temporarily remove those tangles of obtrusive tangles of extension cords, computer networking wiring and cabling.
- Recycle or store magazines, newspapers and other publications.
- Organize cabinets to show ample storage space.
- Remove valuables, including medications, to a secure and safe place.
- Board your pets, take them to your neighbors or at least put them from sight.
- Eliminate pet odors, put the litter box away, put pet toys away.
- Burn scented candles, bake cookies or light the fireplace to give the house a pleasant smell and feel cozy.
- See Staging Your Home to Sell
- See What Things Can I Be Doing To Get My
Provide informative brochures, fact sheets and disclosures
- Have any inspection you may have on hand.
- Prepare a list of new appliances, fixtures, home improvements. etc.
- Make flyers and take-away brochures about the property, schools, the neighborhood, local attractions, destinations and services.
Be a nice neighbor
- Be sure your real estate agent has talked with your neighbors to let them know of future open house dates.
- Invite your neighbors over for a private tour one hour before the open house to the public.
Jan 17, 2013
Selling Real Estate Books